We are a fully insured and experienced counselling service in Winchester where we strive to adhere to the BACP ethical framework. Our aim is to distinguish the presenting concerns that you may bring by assisting you to find your own solutions in order to seek a brighter future.
Affordable counselling in Winchester for Adults, Young People and Families to address anything related to drug and alcohol
I am a BACP-registered therapist, working with an integrative model. This means I utilize a wide range of therapeutic techniques, such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Solution Focused approaches, underpinned by Gestalt therapy. As a result, I am able to offer a personalised approach to meet clients’ needs.
My primary goal as a therapist is to be open and honest with my clients. As a father of two, I am deeply concerned about our young people’s future, and I really understand how difficult it is to contact someone for help. The first step is making sure my clients know they can trust me, as we identify the best possible approach for addressing whatever issues brought them to me.
I’ve practical experience with many of the mental health issues most commonly experienced by young people and their families, from domestic violence, bereavement and relationship issues, to trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). In particular, I have experience and expertise with all aspects of Substance Misuse, and welcome clients who are in active addiction, as well as their families: working with children of substance-misusing parents is an important part of my work.
My Substance Misuse clients include young people as well as adults. Over the past decade, I have witnessed the impacts of addiction even on teenagers, including people under the age of 18 experimenting with intravenous Class A drugs like heroin, and alcohol-dependent teenagers facing the need for a detoxification process. In my experience, there are simply not enough community services to support our vulnerable children – but there is always hope. Not only do I regularly see and support young people in these situations, but I can help guide them and their parents through the process.
Qualifacations and Experience
For the past 15 wonderful years, I have been privileged to have worked with young people and adults in Individual, Couple, Family, and Group Therapy settings. My work has predominately involved drug and alcohol misuse and mental health, which can be a challenging but rewarding area to work in. I have seen strong, good people beat their demons, and have witnessed them living new lives with enhanced mental health, free of addiction.
Alongside Mental Health and Substance Misuse I have also had experience in working with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Trauma, Bereavement , Relationships and teenage issues.
- BA (Hons) Counselling Humanistic/Integrative - Middlesex University
- Dip HE Counselling Humanistic (Gestalt) Counselling - Winchester University
- Member of FDAP (Federation of Drug and Alcohol Practitioners)
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling
- Introduction to Counselling
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy)
- Mental Health/Dual Diagnosis
- Group work Trained
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Mindfulness for Distressing Psychosis
- Intervening with Deliberate Self Harm
- Integrated Risk Taking With Yong People
- Alcohol Awareness
- Understanding Attachment in Adults and Children
- Working with Suicidal Clients and Self-Harm
- Positive Behavioural Change
- Behavioural Couple Therapy
- Working with Trauma
- Working with Victims of Sexual Abuse and Childhood survivors
- Working Creatively